Ng Lay Guat Female Urology & Adolescent Urology Fellowship
Dr Ng Lay Guat graduated from Singapore University in 1992 and obtained her post-graduate degree in Surgery FRCS in 1996, and FAMS (Urology) from the Academy of Medicine, Singapore in 2001. She obtained her Female Urology & Adolescent Urology Fellowship after spending one year at the Institute of Urology, London, UK from 2002 to 2003.
Dr Ng is the immediate past Head of Department, Senior Consultant and Director of Female Urology & Transplant, Department of Urology, Singapore General Hospital.
Dr Ng was the award winner of the Chapter of Surgeon’s Gold medal in 1996 and winner of Yahya Cohen medal in 1996. She has numerous publications in local and international journals as well as actively involved in research. Dr Ng’s clinical and research fields of interest include Female Urology & Incontinence, Reconstructive Urology, Adolescent Urology, and Renal Transplantation.
PUBLICATIONS AND RESEARCH/TRIALS
- WY Siow, SKH Yip, LG Ng, PH Tan, WS Cheng, KT Foo. Renal cell carcinoma: incidental detection and pathological staging. J R Coll Surg Edinb., 45, October 2000, 291-295
- LG Ng, Tan PH, S Yip. Extramammary Paget'sDisease of Scrotum : A report of 4 cases Urology, 58(1), 2001
- LG Ng, S Yip, PH Tan, J Yuen, W Lau, C Cheng. Improved Detection Rate of Prostate Cancer Using the 10-core Biopsy Strategy in Singapore. Asian Journal of Surgery 2002; 25(3): 238-43
- J Yuen, W Lau, LG Ng, PH Tan, WK Lay, C Cheng. Clinical, biochemical and pathological features of initial and repeat transrectal ultrasonography prostate biopsy positive patient. Int Jr of Urol 2004; 11: 225-231
- SK Wong, LG Ng, BS Tan, C WS Cheng, C TY Chee, LP Chan, HG Lo. Acute ureteric colic: Value of unenhanced spiral CT compared with intravenous urography. Annals Academy of Med Singapore, Vol 30 (6) Nov 2001
- C WB Peng, S KH Yip, PH Tan, LG Ng. Bilateral synchronous Renal Oncocytoma: A case report and review. Annals Academy of Med Singapore, Vol 30 (6) Nov 2001
- LG Ng, S Yip, M Wong, TN Lau. Clinics in Diagnostic Imaging (67). Singapore Medical Journal 2001; 42(11): 540-44